Welcome! - Wintersett Lakes, Wakefield - Small, private Caravan and Camping Park for Camping and Caravanning Club/Caravan Club Members - A Place to Enjoy the Peace and Beauty of the Countryside In All Seasons.
Small, peaceful, Camping and Caravanning club listed touring site in superb country park location - adjacent to the estate of the 'World's Very First Green Hero' - Charles Waterton. Anglers Country Park, Lakes, Haw Park Woods and the historic Waterton Trail are right on our doorstep here in Wintersett, Wakefield! We are Open All Year. Excellent access to an abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Walking and Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Fishing, Sailing close by. Visitors Centre and Children's playground in the country park adjacent. The stunning Lakeside can be accessed from our own fields. Use postcode WF4 2EB to find us! Come see, stay and be very pleasantly surprised at the outstanding beauty of rural Wakefield.
Advance Booking Only Please - email@example.com or 07901 880095 or use the contact form on the website here - Thank you
Sorry - We are Fully Booked August Bank Holiday Weekend
* If you are staying with us Halloween weekend 28th and 29th October there will be usual trick or treat Saturday 29th. Scary Dressing up and hot dogs and toffee apples on us! Why not join in the Room On the Broom lantern making on Friday 28th Ocotber between 4-7pm ( 2 sessions) at the visitors centre next door?! Make your lantern, watch the film on big screen and then visit the carvings in the dark(with your lantern) accompanied by the REAL witch herself!!! (Book on 01924 303980 small fee applies) - Fabulous !
Wintersett Lakes is delighted to have been a finalist in the prestigious 'Welcome to Yorkshire White Rose Awards 2015 'category 'Outstanding Customer Service'.....a big thank you to all our lovely guests!!!!!!
What our guests are saying about us:
'Fabulous hidden gem' 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning' 'You are sure of a warm welcome'
We're on twitter! @wintersettlakes and now on Trip Advisor!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/wintersettlakes (where you will find our news and photos)
Caravan/Motorhome/Tent rates - £17 per pitch with electric - (2 persons) £15 pitch no electric, awnings £3 per night . Additional adults/children £2 per night.
With our new luxury toilet cabin now open we are very happy to be able to re-instate our eco camping rate - £6 per night per person - if you arrive by cycle/walking/public transport with your tent!
See us on UK Campsite too - www.ukcampsite.co.uk
Watch out for us on TV ! - We have been chosen as a photoshoot/filming location for Practical Motorhome magazine.
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Woodland, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of countryside-themed activities locally.
*Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area.
(Doesn't have to be summer!)
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site.
* Electric hook-ups - an environmentally friendly 6 amp!
* Please Bring a torch - we are mindful of light polution (our skies are often suitable for stargazing)
* Chemical toilet disposal point - luxury toilet cabin - no showers ( at the moment - sorry!)
THE ANGLERS RETREAT, GOOD BEER AND GOOD COMPANY (Think Last of The Summer Wine!) Warm Welcome Guaranteed - you and your dog!
What's On at the Country Park Next Door.........everyone welcome to join in.......ring 01924 303980 for more details
Cycle Hire at the Visitor Centre £3 per hour between 11.00 am and 2.30pm. 01924 303980
Room on the Broom! - New Lakeside Adverture Trail - call for your activity pack in the visitors centre.
Visitors centre open 11am to 4pm. Tuesday to Sunday. Open Bank Holiday Mondays
Free Fun Day Saturday 3rd September - Room On The Broom Celebration! 11am to 4pm. !!!
Half Term Activities Tuesday 25th - Sunday 30th October
Friday and Saturday 28/29th October Room on the Broom Lantern Walk! from 4pm.
10.15 first Sunday each month - entry level cycle ride with Wakefield Cycle Forum!
* Wakefield District Cycle Forum has lots of local, organised rides for all abilities cycle maps available from us - have a go!
* Guided cycle rides on 1st Sunday entry level, 2nd Saturday (steady) and 2nd Sunday (easy) and 4th Sunday (challenging) every month! Meet 10.15 at the Squires Tea Room, Anglers Country Park Visitors Centre, Wintersett.
Here is their website address - www.cycling-wakefield.org.uk
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The Very First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information. Special race days at Pontefract, events at the Mining Museum, Music Hall in the Cathedral, Theatre, nature and wildlife and much, much more......'experience wakefield' ! - You will be pleasantly surprised!
'I never thought that I would be saying that I was going to Wakefield for my holidays!' - one of our many, many returning guests!
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)